Employment Law (Employees)
Employment Law (Employees)
At Hallmark Solicitors we believe that employment should be fair for both the Employer and Employee. Not all employers have large Human Resources departments and are up to date with all of the legal requirements for employees. Hallmark Solicitors are specialist employment lawyers who can help with all of your employment law problems.
We can help get the things you are entitled to by law:
- A written statement of terms and conditions
- Itemised pay slips
- Holidays and holiday pay
- Your contractual hours of work
- Flexible working to achieve a work life balance
- The National Minimum Wage
- Written reasons for dismissal if you believe your dismissal is unfair
We take care of all your employment law needs from the time you sign your contract of employment, during your employment and when it is time to move on.
Job security is less common these days but we can help:
- Advice on the transfer of your employment if a new owner takes over the business
- Advice on redundancy, short time or lay-off
- Ensure there is consultation and a fair method of selection. It is unusual that last in first out applies now, a skills assessment is the best method of protecting employment
- Requesting suitable alternative employment
- Securing the right compensation if redundancy is inevitable
- Helping with claims for pay, holiday and notice pay and redundancy payments if your employer becomes insolvent
Although the statistics show that the numbers of Employment Tribunal claims are falling and the economy is recovering from the recession employers still make mistakes and disputes between employers and employees are inevitable.
Hallmark Solicitors are experts in dispute resolution. We try to negotiate the best possible outcome from preserving employment, to obtaining positive references which Employment Tribunals cannot order employers to provide and negotiating severance pay.
Most cases do settle allowing the parties to move on but if settlement is not possible we are experienced Employment Tribunal representatives.
Help when you need it most.
- Disciplinary issues including allegations of gross misconduct
- Raising grievances when you have been treated unfairly at work
- Protection from unlawful discrimination
- Protection if you need to disclose unlawful activity or breaches of health and safety at work (whistle-blowing)
- Protection from unfair dismissal
- Assisting you through ACAS mediation. ACAS will mediate but they won’t advise you how strong your case is or how much compensation you are entitled to
- Advice on settlement agreements (formerly compromise agreements)
- Employment Tribunal representation
How do you pay for our help?
- Many people do not have to pay if they already have legal expenses insurance such as on their home (buildings and contents) insurance. Speak to Hallmark Solicitors before your insurance company.
- When an employer offers an employee a Settlement agreement (formerly compromise agreements) the employer will pay a fixed amount for you to receive independent legal advice. We can usually advise you within that fixed fee and we will advise of any additional costs
- We offer fixed fees and reduced hourly rates to make pursuing your employment rights affordable
- See our FAQ for employees’ page for more information about legal fees, Employment Tribunal fees and time limits for claiming.
For FAQs on Employment Law: click here
With our Head Office based in Hull and two Consulting Offices in London and Leeds we are easily accessible for consultations. Call us on 01482 616 616 or 0800 037 1305 to book a free telephone consultation to discuss your issues and requirements.
Would you like us to contact you to talk more about what we can offer you and your business? Please fill in your details below and an advisor will contact you within 24hours.