Corporate Rescue & Insolvency
When a business is in distress, it can be difficult to know what to do and where to turn. At such times it pays to act quickly and get open and honest advice from professionals who will be able to expertly assess whether the business proposition or concern is unviable in which the case the best solution for all may to wipe the slate clean and pursue a full liquidation of its assets. On the other hand, it may that given some breathing space, the business can be rescued and become sustainable in the long run.
Here at Hallmark Solicitors, we take the time to review each case and the objectives of those instructing us before advising on which of the insolvency or business recovery regimes is most appropriate.
As such we advise, assist and undertake the following:
- Corporate Voluntary Arrangements
- Corporate Rescue
- Insolvency & Liquidation
- Voluntary Winding Up
Insolvency Practitioners – Trustees & Liquidators
One of the main purposes of an insolvency process is to ensure a fair distribution of the insolvent’s assets to the creditors as such we advise on:
- The enforce-ability of security
- The investigation of debtor’s assets and the commercial viability of claims
- The effects of various insolvency regimes on a creditor’s ability to recover debt
- Antecedent recoveries
- Recoveries from transfers or transactions at undervalue or preference
- Obtaining security in property for debts
- The preparation and service of statutory demands and winding up orders as well as the legal proceedings in bankruptcy and winding-up orders and negotiations with third parties for the recovery of assets
- Securing maximum dividends for creditors including antecedent recoveries as well as preference and claims for recovery where there has to be undervalued transactions
Companies and their directors
Here at Hallmark Solicitors, we understand the stresses that a company in distress can generate for the stakeholders and all those concerns. We specialise in advising company directors navigate what can often be a minefield of liabilities. We provide non-judgemental and commercially aware advice and assistance. Our expert solicitors advise and assist company directors and their directors facing insolvency and business rescue issues. We are firm believers that there is always a solution and it is our job to find it.
We regularly advise on the following:
- Corporate recovery options, refinancing and restructuring of businesses
- Staff and workforce issues, including redundancies
- The preparation of proposals for voluntary arrangements with creditors
- Annulments of bankruptcy orders
- Company Directors Disqualification where there have been accusations of wrongful or fraudulent trading
- Personal liabilities for Directors of limited companies
- Antecedent recoveries by liquidators
Secured & Unsecured creditors and other third parties
We advice on the following matters:
- Business and asset purchases from insolvency practitioners
- Any liabilities that may be transferred with the purchase of an insolvent business
- Applications to restore dissolved companies and other Companies Act applications
Our highly qualified solicitors are experts in their field and are genuinely committed to excellence in every aspect of their work, providing clients with a timely, cost-effective and highly personalised solution.
With our Head Office based in Hull and two Consulting Offices in London and Leeds we are easily accessible for consultations. Call us on 01482 616 616 or 0800 037 1305 to book a free telephone consultation to discuss your issues and requirements.
Would you like us to contact you to talk more about what we can offer you and your business? Please fill in your details below and an advisor will contact you within 24hours.